Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) uses several methods to send information to keep you informed about your health care.
BCBSIL may provide information by:
- Email or secure email: Secure email allows you to respond to us directly by replying to the email.
- Phone: BCBSIL will provide a copy of the conversation.
- Messages to your mobile device.
- Mail: We will mail materials to you if you do not have any other way to get notifications.
- Website/online: If information is posted online, we will also let you know about the posting through one of the methods above.
- Interactive web-based module.
We use these methods to make sure you know important information about your health care. We also want to make it easy for you to communicate with us. That’s why some of the ways we reach out to you allow you to securely respond and share information with us.
For example, we may want to tell you about self-management support, health education or care coordination. To do that we might use secure email that allows you to respond directly to us. Other times, we might use a web-based module.
Whatever method we use, our goal is to keep you informed and make it easy for you to actively participate in your health care.